Saturday, March 31, 2012

what's up Saturday?

The morning has started bright, maybe not so bright since its grey and rainy out, but it did start early. Very early. Zach, Isaac and Sam had to be up and out at 7:20 this morning to deliver all the mulch Isaac sold for a Boy Scouts fundraiser. I am left with the 3 younger children which has been fantastic because Michael and Olivia played picnic with Matthew. It didn't tun out as they planned since he kept crawling through their party. I was able to waste time on the computer ordering a .....

PHONE for Isaac.

Yep, I am doing! Really doing it! He has bugged, begged, bargained, & pleaded with Zach and I for what seems likes forever to have his own phone. Let me just put this in perspective. He is 11. At 11 I had barbies, a walk man (that played cassette tapes), I played Duck Hunt on the Nintendo, and was SO excited to get my first 10 speed bike (you better believe I saw the same one at the Goodwill last week). I did not have my own phone (were cell phones even invited then?) I did not have an I-Pod or anything with a touch screen. I certainly did not have a computer but for some reason children can't live without these now. I think its quite redonkulous (made up word) that to be accepted one must possess these devices.

I am not making my kid "cool". I totally am opposing the social acceptance theory. I realize he is turning 12 in 3 weeks. This opens up a whole new series of responsibilities. He finally gets to sit in the front passenger seat. Cara repeatedly reads the visor warning to him reminding everyone he MUST be 13, not 12, in case the air bag goes off. Isaac gets so mad. I have been leaving Isaac home alone more recently. Yesterday, he was home from school sick with a fever and cough. SORRY, not changing my life for a sick kid. I had plans. Important plans! I had to go grocery shopping, I could not miss a day at the gym, and Chuckie Cheeses was just way to important. So I kissed his head, told him go to sleep and left.  BUT we have no house phone and I did for a moment think he should not be left alone without a phone and the only neighbors home during the day are the 2 nosy, elderly women who despise each other, actually I think one despises the others' cat. This morning I mentioned this to Zach and he said, "sounds good to me." OK, now I did quote him. Those were his exact words however, Zach is (never) rarely serious and (always) usually sarcastic. I took it as go.

AND....

Matthew slept for 8 1/2 hours STRAIGHT! I feel like a new woman! That does not mean I didn't wake up during these hours. I think (because maybe it was a dream) Zach got up because he couldn't stop thinking about the rotten chicken that was in the trash ??? Yea, don't know what became of that but I quickly fell back asleep. So I was thinking HOW to recreate my day yesterday so Matthew will sleep the same time tonight. It all began with taking the kids to school, grocery shopping, back to the school to pick up Olivia (and no nap yet), an hour work out at the Y, Chuckie Cheeses (still no nap), pick up the kids from school, (FINALLY a nap!) head back to the school to get Cara from Girls on the Run, dinner, and then a pack meeting at church. Home and then to bed at 9 pm. On second thought, I have done nothing productive today and am enjoying not driving all over Northern Delaware so I guess I will be meeting my lil' handsome 3 times tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment