Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to Sam


Sam turns 8 today. I have had the privelege of enjoying Sam for 8 full years.
Where to begin...


Sam was born at 3:48 am weighing 8 lbs 12oz. Zach and I had just bought our home in NorthEast, MD and were in the process of remolding the upstairs and installing carpet. Literally IN THE PROCESS. We had to send the crew home when my water broke. We didn't know if we were having a boy or girl and didn't even have boys names. We decided on Samuel James (James after Zachs father) on the way to the Birth Center.

Sam is child #3 and I still swear child #3 is the most difficult. Could be personality. Could be because I was out numbered. Probably has nothing to do with "how the heck do you fit 3 kids in a shopping cart" or NOW we need a bigger vehicle or "do they make a 3 seater stroller?" Nope. Its none of those. They must come out KNOWING they are third in line and will do ANYTHING to get attention.

Sam loves nature. He loves playing in dirt and mud. He loves the snow, the ocean, hiking and biking. He enjoys going on walks with Zach and finding unique leaves, rocks, and once brought home animal bones. Sam is the child that walks in the puddle because I told him NOT to. Sam likes taking anything apart just to see what would happen. "If I dig this pencil into the wall what will happen?" and "If I cut the alarm clock plug will it catch on fire?" Not that those EVER happened. He will lift up all the rocks in the back yard in search for worms and will fill a bucket of worms (GROSS!)

Sam has always been a cuddlier.  He would hold Zach's hand every night to fall asleep. He would not sleep in his own room so we moved his toddler bed next to our bed. He doesn't need a lot of sleep so he was and still is the first one up, sometimes before the sun.

Sam loves his family and his family loves him. I am so glad he is a part of our life and can't wait to watch him grow into a handsome (very handsome!) young man.



No comments:

Post a Comment