Saturday, March 3, 2012

what is best

There has been times in my life when what I want to do and what is best doesn't seem to agree. Actually, this has happened several times in my life usually before conception of a baby. (I don't want to go through all that again but I know there's another...)

As a prayerful mother I always keep in mind the needs of my children. I listen for that voice that lets me know how I can help them through their individual trials. Isaac has been on my mind lately...a lot. How can I bond better with him? I need help as I begin these tween years (he thinks he's 18 already). I pray for patience- a whole lot! I pray for understanding-even if I don't agree.!

I home schooled Isaac until he entered 4th grade. I enjoyed having him home as he was the perfect home schooling child. He is intelligent enough that I don't need to explain every little detail over and over again until I eventually screamed. (It's happened with another children) Isaac knew what needed to be accomplished and he did it. The "real" reason I kept him home was because it was easier. With 5 children under "just turned 2 weeks earlier" 7, I didn't have to structure my day around the school schedule especially with 3 children who still napped.

With the repeated school problems, the D on the report card, and the negative influence of his peers, I keep feeling I need to home school again. Zach and I both agree Isaac doesn't have the will power to get him self out of a bad situation. He tries to be one of the cool kids with his skinny jeans and Bieber hair cut.

I spent today researching HOW to school a 7th grader. I don't remember Algebra...or sentence structures...dissecting a frog. BUT I must admit this is the first time in the last few months I have felt at peace with what is best.



No comments:

Post a Comment