Today, Sam got baptized. I am so proud of him! He is an amazing child who is so eager to learn about Jesus, attend church, and follow the commandments. He is my first child that actually enjoys reading his scriptures, likes to say his prays and strives to be a better kid. He recognizes right from wrong and (though not ALWAYS making the right choice) is truly an example to us. He sings the songs in Primary and in Sacrament. I think this amazing. He answers questions in Primary and gets it right. Sam will always be a strength to our family. We all feel very blessed to have him a part of our lives forever.
For the baptism Sam choose to sing the song Baptism. Then Cara gave a talk on baptism before Zach baptized him. Sam was excited. He couldn't wait for this day to come. I gave my testimony on the Holy Ghost. Afterwards, Sam was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost by his dad, Opa (Russell Leathern, Poppop (David Clough), Uncle Tim (Ridge), and Ben McGreer (our home teacher). It was a very special blessing. We are a blessed family to have Zach presiding over and guiding us. He is an amazing, talented man! Sam was welcomed to the Wilmington First Ward and Primary (when he received the Faith in God book). We closed the baptism with the song I'm A Child Of God. Isaac gave the closing prayer.
I made trail mix bags for the children who attended the baptism to take home. They contained 8 of Sam's favorite goodies. Fruity Cheerios, Butterscotch chips, banana chips, raisins, Gummy Bears, peanuts, Chocolate Bears Cookies, Marshmallows.
No comments:
Post a Comment