Friday, April 6, 2012

I found a recipe on Pinterest for Bisquick Chocolate Cookies. Pinned it. Whatever.
Today, I was searching for a dessert recipe because I was craving brownies or something that resembles a brownie. I was pretty much open to anything chewy, fudgy, with crispy cornered sweetness. I came across a Texas Sheet Cake recipe. Ohh, how I love me so Texas larrupin' fixins. Then, I found the mint brownie with glazed chocolate recipe. Oh My! These brownies are so rich and delicious.  
Debated what to make.
Discovered....
I had no flour. None. Zip.
Boo.
BUT ahha! I remembered my pinned Bisquick cookie recipe made without flour. Yay! Not a brownie but I hoped they will still be chewy, crispy, and chocolaty. I frantically searched for my box of Bisquick. ONLY to discover I had like a cup...not even. The recipe calls for 2 3/4 cups. Sad face. Now, if anyone knows my cooking I always substitute everything. What to use...??? Behind the Bisquick sat the big ol' box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix. Perfect! What's the worse that could happen? I followed the directions for the cookies and (OMGOODNESS! Not AGAIN!) discovered I had no vanilla. Oh well. Almond extract will have to do. I couldn't find the 1tsp measurer so I guessed. I don't measure anything either, which is why I can't produce homemade bread. Annywaaay...I doubled the recipe and reduced the amount of "pancake mix". Let me just say these cookies are
soft,
crunchy,
full of chocolaty chip deliciousness, the best I ever made!

Pinned Image
This isn't my picture, it was from the original cookie recipe website
www.plainchicken.com . HOWEVER, mine looked exactly like that!

Heres the recipe the way I made it.

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar, packed
3 teaspoons vanilla (almond worked great!)
2 egg
4 1/2 cups Bisquick (Aunt J pancake mix) baking mix
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, vanilla and egg. Stir in Bisquick mix, chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.




2 comments:

  1. Yummo! The other night I discovered I had no basil. So I combined Oregano and Rosemary. That's practically the same, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything green and leafy is all the same to me!

    ReplyDelete