This year I was looking forward to the kids being home for Spring Break. I know this may be confusing and unlikely as usually I am excited (ecstatic?) when they go to school. The whole school thing definitely brings mix feelings. I love the quietness of the house. I love the freedom I have to do whatever I desire each day with roughly 1.5 children. I love how the house is always picked up. I don't have to break up arguments or explain for the 100th time why it's not about being fair but equal!
Then there's the benefit of no school...no schedules. I don't need to leave my desirable place to pick kids up from school or wake babies from naps. I don't pack lunches. I don't need to hunt down matching socks or frantically search for an item that starts with the letter of the week for show & tell. Every one can do what they want, when they want. The house is still quiet because the children play with the neighbors...fairly.
I accomplished so much today. So many items I crossed off my to do list. I hung shelves. I hung pictures. I washed moldings and doors. Ate a donut. Vacuumed under beds. Rearranged furniture. Picked up bedrooms. Ate a donut. The most exciting part of the day (not the donuts) was when I had to retrieve the snake out of the laundry room AGAIN because my husband didn't want to rescue me AGAIN. I was so brave. I was much less frightened this time as the slithering serpent didn't try to attack me from under the pile of clothes. It scared Isaac instead.
I am looking forward to sleeping in (well, not really, as I haven't done that in 12 years), wear my pajamas all day, hear the laughter of children through the windows, wash dirty feet because I refused to find socks, and let the children forge for their own food as I am NOT making lunches.
In the next 4 days, I plan on stenciling the diningroom, sitting at the park, and start cutting Olivias quilt. Who am I kidding? Those things (except sitting at the park) will sit on my to do list until Summer.
with my post. Zach's grandfather sent it and I chuckled when I realized its a picture of 2 people taking pictures. Zach was taking a picture of me. Ha! We have some talented photographers in our family, let me tell ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment