Saturday, we had 2 baseball games. Michael played great. He didn't hit the ball this game but did a good job being catcher.
Last week, I decided to paint the downstairs family room/game room/play room. I went to Joann Fabrics for inspiration as I have red furniture and needed fabric/colors that coordinated with red. After 6 paint samples of various shades of blue and green I decided on tan. Only to realize it looked very similar to the bland tan color of the upstairs. The same boring color I keep trying to paint over. However, I think any color looks better than mustard colored puke and dark brown 70's paneling which is what the downstairs was. Ceiling to floor.
In this picture, I already painted the ceiling white and started painting the paneling. I'm so bad at taking before shots.
On Sunday, I gave myself a break from cleaning, painting, and such (yea, yea, NEVER really a break on Sundays) and decided to make Olivia a quilt. I found this adoreable fabric last year and fell in love with it. The pictures don't do it justice at all. Where's my sisters camera when I need it?
Random Thought For The Day:
I scream and jump the same whether one of the kids game charging cords fall out of a pair of jeans or a snake. Pathetic.
Which led me to when I was about 7.....We lived in Arizona. Home to numerous poisonous insects and small critters. I had seen my share of dangerous spiders but it wasn't until I was sitting in a black leather chair in my parents living room, brushing my Barbies hair when I thought my life would end. I felt a tickle on my leg. I ignored it the first time. I happened again and that's when I looked down and saw a Black Widow crawling on my leg. Of course, I FREAKED out, jumped up, screamed uncontrollably. My Mom had to cover my mouth to get me to stop screaming. When I was calm, I explained what I saw and being so brave she searched our entire living room looking for the "thrown" spider. It was on the curtain. She scooted it in a peanut butter container (because as Moms WE are resourceful!) and tossed the jar.
BUT that's not the end. For weeks whenever I would be laying on the floor watching TV or sitting in the infamous black chair, they would YELL, "Becci, there's a spider!!" They were so mean! I would of course react the same. Scream. Jump. Cry.
SO this is why if a piece of sea weed or a great white shark rubbed my leg, its all the same to me.









No comments:
Post a Comment