Some of the ideas I have decided on are:

1. Balloon Flower decorations for the backyard-that's where the party will be obviously-in the GARDEN. I want to hang paper lanterns between the 2 large trees in the yard. Balloons & more balloons. Olivia helped pick out balloons with dragonflies, butterflies, and polka dots. As we were looking online for decorations she leaned over, hugged me and told me she loved me. She knows how to get what she wants.
2. I found these bug holders at the Dollar Tree. I am going to buy and hide rubber bugs in the yard so the kids can go on a Bug Hunt.

3. For snacks I was thinking Worms In Dirt, carrots with dip, flower cookies, ants on a log (raisins in cream cheese on celery), green grape caterpillars, and cupcakes. I found Bug Juice which is basically colored, flavored sugar in a bottle, but it works with my theme, on Amazon.

4. I knew I needed some type of craft to keep these kids busy. Lady bug plates to the rescue. I was going to buy solid colored party hats and have the kids glue sequins, flowers, and other things on it.
I'm also thinking about a planting activity but haven't quite found the perfect one. No worries. That's what Pinterest is for.


I will make these butterfly treats but use candy. Every party needs candy!
So far my "cart" on Amazon is over stocked. I still need to find some ideas for a invitation, probably going to make them myself, and plates, cups, napkins. I also need to call around to rent some long tables and lots of chairs.
For the next 3 weeks I will be stressing over this party....then maybe I'll grab a good book (or a few) and plop myself at a pool for the rest of the Summer.
Have I inspired you to throw a birthday party? It's really not your thing.
ReplyDelete