Saturday, May 5, 2012

Not only does baseball take up all my (and Zach's) time every week. With 2 boys involved, I (we) drive between 2 practices, each, every week and 2 games, each, every week. If I had no other children, no chores, no laundry, no meals to cook, no other activities, I would never complain about how I should move my bed into the van. I truly feel like it is my second home. I wonder if I can paint the interior? Hang a few pictures? Recover the seats? You know, make it feels more homey.

Isaac had a game Friday night, they won, but barely by 1 run. We didn't return home until 9 pm. The kids were stinky, dirty, and grimy. Showers for all. Saturday we loaded up and unloaded at the ball fields again. Michael's team won 7-0 and Isaac's team lost 15-8. Spending a total of 4 hours there the kids got dirty again. Showers... again.

So not only does this baseball thing take time it takes all of our money. We use to give the kids spare change for the snack shack. They would come back with Double Bubble or Laffy Taffy's or a RingPop. Now they each get a 1$. 1$ every game, every child. Plus more if I couldn't fit in dinner...or lunch. This does add up to a lot of $ each week on SNACK SHACK food. Oh, I bring water bottles, crackers, pretzels, Twizzlers. It's just NOT the same. The kids favorite buy on warm days/nights is the water ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment