I no longer make "to-do" lists. At least written ones. My list is in my head where, if its not important enough, will be forgotten. I like it there. I am not constantly reminded of what needs to be done or what I haven't done. I think it is much more efficient to open the fridge to make dinner and realize there is no butter and then remember that getting butter was suppose to be done that day. So I order out instead. Efficient. For those items that actually need to get done, and there isn't many, I put a reminder on my phone. Even then if I don't feel like doing it, I press ignore. Efficient. Well, last week I made a To-Do List. Disastrous I tell you. Disastrous, because if I read what needs to be done, I have to do it. On my list last week was: make doctor/dentist/eye appointments (4 in all). Not only did I spend hours, seriously, hours, on the phone making 4 appointments, I had to reread and research insurance coverage since it changed (again!) on April 1st. This week I get to go to all those appointments. I should of never made that list.
Monday, Cara went to the pediatrician for some stubborn bumps on her knee and elbow that seem to enjoy hanging out on her. I mean she is a fun girl but jeez, get off of her already! They ended up being molluscum contagiosum. I asked the doctor to write it down since I thought she was speaking another language. They are actually part of the wart family but are not warts. They look like mosquito bites. Sad things is there is no treatment, they will eventually go away...within a year!
Cara had a second consultation at the Orthodontist. The Orthodontist said she was ready for the procedure (not really sure what procedure??). He took x-rays and molds of her mouth then told me to come back, with no kids and my husband to discuss everything. Should I be worried? I'm positive that whatever procedure he is going to recommend will be in 1000's. This in itself is very disastrous.
I spent 2 hours Monday morning in medical offices and will have to pay a ridiculous amount of money because of it. Hopefully, in the end, the very expensive end, Cara will have perfectly straight, beautiful teeth. Tomorrow, Zach has his yearly eye exam. He needs new contacts and glasses.
I am really cursing that To-Do list.
Monday night, Cara asked me to put sponge rollers in her hair so she will wake up with curly hair. I wish I thought to take a "before I took them out" shot.
This reminded me of when I was a small child. I think my Mom made to-do lists and on it was "put sponge rollers in the girl's hair". I believe this was my Mom's favorite thing to do. They weren't thick, chunky rollers. My Mom used tiny, teeny rollers that when released made my hair so curly, I immediately looked like Little Orphan Annie. I think I wished I was Annie. Orphaned. Sometimes, my Mom would tie the curls up with ribbon. Don't let me get started on the crimping and heart & star shaped irons she used on my hair.


I also do not make to-do-list. Total waste of time! If the first thing on your to-do-list is MAKE a to-do-list, then you are screwed no matter what.
ReplyDeleteTell Cara I have those "warts" on my left hand. I get them every few months. They come and go. Pretty harmless.