Today while I sat in the van watching Olivia play at the park (Matthew was sleeping in the van-I'm not normally one of those parents) I realized I am going to miss her when she goes off to Kindergarten next year. This recent thought does not change the previous remark of "I can't wait till your in school!". I still can't wait but at the same time I will try to not push the time sooner. I guess I couldn't even if I tried. I have had the privilege (yes, privilege) to get to know her better this past school year. She is the skinny energizer bunny. She seriously doesn't stop. For instance, as with every Thursday, she goes to school until 11:30. I pick her up, bring her home to eat, we leave again for a 1 1/2 hour science class at the Y. I pick her up, take her to the park, where she plays for 40 minutes. We pick up the other kids and when we get home she is back outside playing, riding her bike, or dancing to Just Dance on the Wii. Then off to Isaac and Michael's baseball games. While there, I'm positive, she will be doing cart wheels in the field, playing at the park, or running around. She has so much energy. ENERGY I don't have! So when there is a day I can't keep her busy (because I am tired!!), she keeps herself busy by jumping on the couch, picking up and carrying around Matthew, though I have yelled at her 15 times NOT to, and dumping all her toys out in search of a pony. Could she possibly use some of that energy to pick UP the toys? No. Those are the days I repeat to her how much fun she will have in Kindergarten next year and how I can't wait for her to go. I say this as calm as possible.
The things I will miss is...her big smile as I pick her up every day from pre-school. How she asks every day "can Taryn come over?" "can I get chicken nuggets?" "can we go to the park?" Same questions every day. Same smile. I ask her everyday "how was school?" She usually says good. Lately, she tells me to read the email her teacher sent. I do (because there is an email every day). I read it aloud so she can hear what she did that day. She's still smiling. She's my shopping buddy. My lunch buddy. My painting buddy. I will miss finding food under her pillow because she hides food from her siblings. I started buying food for only her. Her own cereal, chips, goldfish crackers, chocolate milk. I've discovered Thin Mints under her bed, opened, half eaten.
She's my pretty, little Princess. My Juney. My Pixie. My Perfect One. She was sent to us just when we needed her. I love her so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment