Saturday, February 18, 2012

One sad day

 At the end of last school year I remember crying...repeatedly. I was pregnant with Matthew at the time so I can still blame hormones but I was sad because for the first time I realized the children are growing up and growing up FAST! Isaac was "graduating" from elementary school and going into middle school. Michael, my most precious, was heading to Kindergarten and Olivia was attending her first year of pre-school. It was too much happening at one time.

Well, just the other day I was sad again. I have been so blessed with great teachers (almost every year) for the children. I have really enjoyed the pre-school teachers at Bush. It occurred to me as I was walking through the school hallway after a former teacher saying "hi", that I will not walk into that school again for another 5 years! I will miss them. I will miss my children that use to be there and the fun memories that were created.

I have had the opportunity to bond with a few teachers as I volunteer in their classroom. These special teachers have molded my children, taught them, and loved them. There will be a time, in the very near future, that I will no longer have children that need to picked up from school (because they will be too cool, of course), when I will no longer be able to be a part of their classroom life, when I will have no idea who their teachers are.

So until that time, I will attend 3 Valentine parties in the same day, every Christmas party, in fact, I will attend ALL the parties. I will take each of my children to the book fair to let them pick out a book they don't want or need. I will try to never miss an assembly or award ceremony or spelling bee. I will come home after a long day of school activities, complain that I am too exhausted to cook dinner because "I've been at the school all day!" and go to bed at 7:30 (along with the kids) only to get up and do it all over again next week. Why? because one day...

1 comment:

  1. Just one of the many reasons you are awesome, and your kids will always remember it.
    (tonerface) ;)

    ReplyDelete