Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I've been reading a book called Faithful, Fit & Fabulous. I have really enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone trying to improve their life in any area. The book is sectioned into weekly goals. Week 1 is developing a holy habit. This included prayer, scripture study, or personal revelation. I chose to work on prayer. This week I had to write a life paragraph. I really did not want to do this and put it off for 3 days. Basically, I had to write about myself. Here it is

I am a obedient, faithful daughter of God. I am happy. I am creative and enjoy using my time and energy to improve myself and my surroundings. I forgive much and easily. I connect with my family and friends in positive ways and like being around other people. I am sensitive to others feelings and am careful to not offend or degrade with gossip. I am willing to serve others and show them that I care. I have a balanced and  organized life. I enjoy having fun with my children and look for ways to teach them about temporal and spiritual things

This is suppose to be ever changing, especially through out this 8 week process. While reading I came across some words from James E Faust that I really like.

"..you cannot do everything well at the same time. You cannot be a 100 percent wife, a 100 percent mother, a 100 percent church worker, a 100 percent career person, and a 100 percent public-service person at the same time.” Doing things sequentially, he said, “gives a woman the opportunity to do each thing well in its time and to fill a variety of roles in her life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment