Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Silent Gratitude isn't much use to anyone"

One of my New Years Resolutions was to be thankful for something each day. I knew wasn't going to be easy, obviously, that WHY I made it a resolution.


1. I am thankful for school. I am thankful for the dedicated teachers that spend hours a day, months a year, teaching MY children. I couldn't spend 8 hours teaching my own children academics, let alone someone elses. So, THANK YOU to all those dedicated, devoted teachers! (1-2-12)


2. (with help from a friend) I am thankful for all those creative people who in turn inspire me to be creative. I am GRATEFUL for Pinterest! (1-3-12)


3. Today I am thankful for my husband, Zach. I know, cliche. He's funny, thoughtful, determined, and forgiving. He is understanding, sensitive, and devoted. (1-4-12) 


4. the elliptical (1-5-12)


5. My 6 year old, Michael, he is the sweetest, kindest, friendliest boy I have. He always follows the directions and does what he is asked. He's is fun to be around and he likes to eat tomatoes, just like me. (1-6-12)


6. IKEA (1-7-12)


7. I am thankful for my sister, Chrissee. She is a listening ear, a helpful hand, and always full of great ideas. She is a talented photographer, an awesome cook, and a sweet mother. (1-8-12)

8. I am thankful for my van. It is big, bold, and beautiful. Well, it is one of those. I can spot it anywhere in a parking lot or in an airplane. I can put a washer and dryer in the back without removing seats (oh, yea and a piano). It has been referred to as the Mary Poppins van. It gets me to my destination dry, warm (or cold), and safe. (1-10-12)

9. I am oh so thankful for the Goodwill stores. Not only can I drop off all my unwanted junk but I can purchase someones elses' unwanted junk. It's a win win situation. While shopping there tonight I found an UNOPENED Bananagrams game for 1$! Sweet deal! UNO Attack for 2$, 4 other games, & books for 25 cents. I even picked up 2 new birthday presents for a child.  (1-11-12)

10. Today I am thankful for the health of my children and myself and Zach. (1-12-11)

11. I am thankful for my phone. It's so SMART! I don't know how one functions without these little objects programed with their own mind. It calls people on its own. It sends emails when ever it feels like it. It notifies me when I am late and shuts down when I am in the middle of talking. (1-14-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment