Sunday, January 6, 2013

a few leftover Christmas memories

Christmas was great this year! I suppose I can say that for all past years. I was totally spoiled by Zach. I adore that man! There was no fancy jewelry or sexy lingerie. I got a cordless power drill, baby! I LOVE it! Compared to the drill I was torturing myself with to accomplish my projects this new one is amazing. Just today I realized it's magnitized to hold screws while I use it. I got all giddy all over again. Some other gifts I received was drill bits, a laser level, and a sander, my favorite candy, Junior Mints, favorite gum, and Pez. Thanks Zach for all these great gifts!

Remember, I bought Zach slippers for Christmas? I did find a few other items so he had more than slippers to open. But I failed this year. Big time! He doesn't like the slippers. I mean what man wouldn't want royal blue Snuggie booties? The book I ordered didn't come in on time because I didn't want to pay an additional 7$ for shipping. Zach likes watches. I figured I can't go wrong with a watch. It took me 2 hours of searching to find what I thought would be a great watch. I was wrong. He hated it.  I bought a digital tire gauge as a stocking gift. The watch got returned. Matthew plays with the gauge like its a toy and the booties sit on the dresser. I guess the best present was the peppermint peeps.

My Mom spoils my kids like crazy! Years past I fought it. I didn't want to more toys. Now, I welcome all she gives including the 1000 DumDum lollipops she gave to Olivia. She likes to spoil them. She likes buying for them and I can't ruin that for her.


On Christmas Day, my family and another family drove around to individuals/families to sing Christmas carols and deliver treats. In all honesty, I didn't want to leave the house on Christmas. I didn't want to get dressed to sing at people's doors. I can't even sing! But it was the BEST thing we did that day. We get so caught up with the marketing side of Christmas, parties and food, presents and our comfortable way of living that we forget there are many people without. It was a big eye opener as to just how much I DO have. I have a great family. I have a wonderful husband and 6 beautiful, healthy kids. I also have everything I need. Everything I ever wanted  AND I am thankful for that! I get to spend holidays with so much family and I get to watch my children enjoy the holidays. I am thankful for the opportunity we had serving others, also.

Here's a quote that I like: "It doesn't matter if the glass if half empty or half full... Be grateful that you have a glass, and there is something in it..."
Olivia and Taryn. Olivia enjoys playing with Taryn and asks me EVERYday if she can go to Taryn's house.

 
 

I thought this was a cute picture of Matthew and Myka playing with my Moms Christmas tree.
No, Matthew did NOT brake ANY bulbs nor was one of them antique.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment