Monday, January 28, 2013

10 ways to be happier

I love this list! Don't get me wrong I am happy but sometimes I need some motivation to stay that way. This list isn't religious related at all but I agree with everything on it.

1. Make your bed

2. Bring every room back to "ready" - I can't agree with this more! I am someone who doesn't do well in messy areas. I get stressed and overwhelmed. I started doing 15 minute clean ups in the morning awhile back. Makes me so much more...well...happier.

3. Display sentimental items around your house

4. Start a one-line gratitude journal.

5. Set an intent for the day. -not another item on the to do list but rather something like "be productive" "smile at everyone you meet" "say I love you to loved ones"

6. Do small favors for others expecting nothing in return.

7. Call at least one family member/ friend. - not a text or email. a REAL phone call. Apparently socializing with loved ones makes us feel better.

8. Spend $ on things that cultivate experiences and memories. Then hang those pictures.

9. The dishes are not going to clean themselves, so you will do it, and you will like it! If you can't get out of it, get into it! (When can I hire a maid?)

10. Spend a few minutes each day connecting with spiritual beliefs.

So there you have it. I'm sure the Prophet will not tell us to make our beds to be happier or to hang family pictures but it makes me feel better...Now off I go to make the beds,

1 comment: