Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Eve

Sunday was a fabulous day! We went to church normal schedule, today was the Christmas program in sacrament. It was beautiful. Zach sang the closing song, Silent night. He's becoming quite a popular request. He sounds wonderful! I love hearing him sing. Sam leaned over during the song and whispered, "Dad, really does sing good." Sweet boy.

After church we watched A Christmas Carol. The kids were so frightened. Sam covered his face with his blanket, Michael kept asking to turn it off, and Olivia was so close to me I felt like a canned sardine. Every time a ghost would pop out she flinched. So much for my feel good family Christmas movie.

Aunt Biz, Zach's sister, is in the Air Force stationed in Germany right now. She has always been over seas or too far to see on a regular basis however she always sends the children Christmas gifts wrapped with cute personal notes attached. This year I decided to let the kids open her gifts early so they have some time to actually enjoy and play with them. We have so much family in the area that all the gifts ending up being lumped into one big memory. No one really remembers who gave what.

After the movie, the kids opened their Aunt B gifts.

Cara got an art easel. She was very excited! Obviously.

Michael a Cloud B starry night turtle. (a cute hard shelled turtle that lights different colored stars on the ceiling)
 
Sam has a spy net video watch.


 

Matthew got Leapfrog ABC's.

Olivia received a FurReal dog. That dog is so darn cute. It spins when you walk by and leaps up and "yelps" when you pet it. Right now it is sleeping along side her.

Isaac asked for money from most everyone this year.

Don't forget about my Pottery Barn collection that I opened last week because I was too excited to wait! Those were for Zach and I.

I am looking forward Christmas in 2 days. I know, I know, I seemed a bit stressed a few posts ago but now that everything has calmed down, my shopping is done, and the parties are over, I can excitedly await for Santa.

Thank you Aunt B for everything! The kids are always excited to receive from you! We miss you and hope you have a Wonderful Christmas in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment