Tuesday, July 31, 2012

We leave to camp at the beach tomorrow. Not ON the beach. That's what my kids have envisioned as I refer to camping AT the beach. They thought we were on the sand in a tent. Though I would have no problem at all doing this I don't think its legal. Not in Delaware anyway. We are staying in cabins at a campground called Holly Lake. I am not a fan of camping (except on the beach) so my expectations (and excitement levels) are low. I'm heading into this already itching from bug bites, stinking like camp fire, and being grouchy from not getting a good night sleep.

I bought Benadryl so my kids can perhaps get a good night sleep. Yes, I am drugging them. Cara saw the box on the counter and read aloud the "uses". Itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing. "Do you think we are going to get sick?" she asks. "No,I bought it so you can go to sleep." She accepted my answer..or so I thought. THEN she read the warnings. "Do not use to make a child go to sleep." Hahahaha. She refuses to take it, thinking maybe I am trying to poison her. "Oh, you'll be fine." I reassured her. "but it says here..."

Today I washed 5 loads of laundry so I could pack clean clothes. Baked chicken breast and cut up lettuce for salads, this is what I will be eating while camping. I assembled 12 ham and cheese sandwiches for the lunches for 2 days. Shopped at Target for Smore ingredients and paper products. Flipped 36 pancakes for breakfasts for 2 days. I scrubbed the bathroom grout. This had absolutely nothing to do with preparing to leave. I felt the need to clean it...in a bathroom that no one uses. At least I'll know its clean IF someone ever goes in it.
During my baking, flipping, cutting time I was feeding Matthew pretzels. When he turned his head this is what I found in his hair. Darn curls! But funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment