Saturday, July 28, 2012

updates gallore

To begin, my homemade dish washing detergent doesn't work. Totally besides the fact that I could potentially be poisoning my family (only on ugly days). Back to my trusted store bought brand.

And only the most important news EVER...no, not pregnant...Matthew walks. I am unimpressed by this accomplishment. In all reality I have seen this occur 5 other times so its no big deal. The other day Matthew was taking a few steps. Every time the children cheered, clapped, or got super excited yelling "good job!" I just sat there. Cara asks me why I wasn't excited? Oops. I didn't mean to LOOK like I could care less. I actually don't want a walker yet. This means he won't want to sit ever again! I do clap and praise when he walks I just don't do it every single time. Zach asked me if I blogged about him walking. No. Well, why NOT? It is only the most important thing ever! I'm thinking we all need a definition for important.

Matthew turned 11 months on the 22nd. He weighs 22 lbs which no puts him over his infant car seat weight. Besides the fact that he was about a foot too long for it. We bought him an upgraded child seat and he LOVES it. Now he knows where we are going and enjoys taking in all in. Each of the children argue every time about WHO is sitting next to him. I don't understand why. Its just a new seat. Same baby brother. He's almost one year. Unbelievable.

Michael passed the swim test at the pool. He can now jump off the diving board and go down the slide. This also permits him to swim in the deep end. Michael lost both his front teeth within 5 minutes. Amazing. I love the freckles dotting his sun kissed face and his smile. Adorable.

Olivia has turned into a monkey. She can flip, whip, and turn on just about anything. She swings across monkey bars back and forth effortlessly. Climbs to the top of playground equipment and hangs upside down. Zach sees a future Olympic gymnast so in September she will be taking lessons to perfect all those skills.

Sam has been in cub scout day camp for three days. They have done some pretty fun activities. Ashland Nature center, Blue Rocks Game, Bellevue park for fishing and BBQ, swimming, water rockets, sports, puzzles, and skits. He came home yesterday and told me how much he missed his family. So sweet!

Isaac was called as the Deacon Class President. He has grown up so much recently. There are definitely challenges as he gets older but it has been fun watching him grow. He cut his Beiber hair. His wave is back to remind me of what he looked like before he cared what he looked like. I loved his little wave (calick).

Zach is super busy all the time. He has been training to compete in the MudManX. A 5 mile obstacle filled race. I was repeatedly pressured into signing up but knew I was no where near the athletic ability needed to compete and finish such a race. It would be a disaster for me. Did I ever mention I was AFRAID to snowboard down a mountain and sat there until ski patrol picked me up on the ski mobile to drive me down? This race would have the same turn out just not on a ski mobile. Dirt bike perhaps? 4 wheeler? NOT for Zach though. He's amazing at anything he does. He had discipline and motivation.

I've been in project ADD. I have a few details (lights, doors, ceiling touch ups) to finish in the basement. Instead of finishing those I moved on to finishing the dining room. I always planned on adding metallic to the top half of the room but with 12' ceilings I procrastinated in getting that scaffolding back out. Plus, the room "looked" done. I decided I needed to just finish it and be done AND that's what I did. I can say the dining room is DONE. Isaac wanted to earn $ so I told him to rip down all the 80's wallpaper in the main bathroom. He worked on it for 3 days and now it needs my attention. Well, worth my 20$. Oh, did I mention the foyer floor that I never finished? My plan is to finish all projects before school starts...which is in 1 month!

I exclaimed this to the children. "School starts in 1 month! Aren't you excited!!?" They are not. WHAT have I done? Brainwashed them? They are suppose to be excited because I am. I need to start making a list of all the things I want to do on that first day of freedom.

I'm still going strong with my Paleo eating. Its been 7 weeks and I'm stuck at 13 lbs. I have been here for 4 weeks. I'm a bit discouraged I must say. I can see progress fitness wise. My favorite machine at the Y is the stair climber (not to be compared with the stepper-HUGE difference). It has rotating stairs and is heck of a workout. I have worked my way to running consistently for 6 minutes. I only can laugh while writing this because it seems so minimal BUT its an accomplishment for me. One day I will run a 5K without stopping. That's my goal.

So there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment