I was a couponer. Not an EXTREME couponer but close to it. It was exciting to bring home my treasures (that's what I liked to call them) and spread them all out on the table and look at them. I would add up all my savings and pretend to tell someone (actually I would tell Zach, but he never seemed to listen). I even dreamed in sales and coupons. Those days are long gone. The days of going to 5 different stores, with or without children, is no longer enjoyable. The time involved is too much and some of those cashiers are just plain out angry old women who have nothing better to do them bust the dreams of couponers. Like it was THEIR shampoo I wanted!
Well, I decided to start couponing again. Definitely not to the extreme I did years ago. I really just want to save a few bucks on the stuff I already need and buy.
I wasn't out to get products for only a few bucks. I needed more night moisturizing creme and there was no way I scoring that for free. After my shopping trip I felt pretty good about what I saved.
2 Coppertone Sunblock - $19.98
5 Garnier Hair products - $15.66
2 Almonds $7.38
Olay creme $22.99
2 CoverGirl Eye shadows $6.78
Eggs $1.69
Total = $74.48
I spent $41.60 so after coupons and UP rewards which I turned around and used immediately I saved $32.88! Not too bad and I can actually say I got my face creme for free, right?
My next money saving adventure is homemade laundry detergent...
No comments:
Post a Comment