Thursday, October 11, 2012

back to blogging

My friend called me the other day and says to me something like .." I bet your busy because you haven't blogged for awhile." It was true. Updating my blog seemed like the last thing I thought about. I would start a post then get distracted and hit the Save button. I had 5 drafts.  I didn't want to forget memories so I would jot down a few ideas about what I wanted to write about. That piece of paper had 4 ideas.

I broke my camera 10 minutes before Matthew's first birthday party. I dropped it (again-actually I or a child have dropped 3 cameras and broke them all) this is why I have few pictures of his birthday party. Zach was trying to help me with my camera dropping dilemmas so when he bought the last camera for my birthday he added the warranty protection. We took the camera back to Best Buy thinking we would exchange it and move on. Well, it wasn't that easy. Best Buy wanted to send it off to their technically advanced troubleshooting department though I already told them what was wrong. It would be 2 weeks until we received it back. Now that's just ludicrous, don't you think? We buy an extended warranty for a reason and it wasn't to be without a camera. I told the geek squad I didn't want to be without a camera for 2 weeks. I don't know why I said that, it wasn't like I could use the camera out of continuous shooting mode or that I EVEN take pictures. I was standing my ground and it was just my point I was trying to make. Anyway, my wonderful husband bought me another camera instead except without the extended warranty because now we know it doesn't really help. Its a nicer camera. We got it for a great price and it takes nice pictures. There was one problem...I couldn't figure out how to transfer the images to the computer permanently. I could only hook up the camera and through a 1000 steps eventually transfer my pictures to the blog but that sometimes didn't work either.

So here I was with 9 potential posts and no photos to go with them. That was until yesterday when I realized I can hit "import photos" and they actually transfer. Woohoo!! I obviously am not technologically advanced and would never qualify as a geek or nerd or whatever I have to be to know these things. I'm back to posting again. But to answer my friends question I AM busy. I can't wait to post all the things I have been doing. I still need to get the pictures off the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment