I mean really big news.
After years of dreaming, months (and months) of planning and negotiating, and lots of sleepless nights, Zach bought his own body shop business. I am so excited for him and for us! It is very scary! I know Zach worries more than I but I know everything will work out as its suppose to. It has been an amazing trip getting to the final day of ownership. I know this entire procedure was guided by a higher being. Thank you Heavenly Father! I know this was something in the works for years.
Zach was manager of a body shop when he interviewed a gentleman who mentioned a certain body shop was closing. Zach called the shop, spoke to the owner and offered to buy the business. It really was that simple. Everything after that was not so easy. So many family and friends have helped in ways that any repayment would never feel sufficient. I am so thankful to our friend, Mr. N, who helped tremendously and who will always have his vehicles fixed for free. My mother in law who always had good advice and a willing hand. If it wasn't for her we might not have been able to close this deal. I appreciate all the family members and friends who took hours out of their busy schedules to help clean and organize. Some men spent everyday helping Zach clean up. You really begin to know who likes you and who is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish the job. He even had soon to be employees helping power wash, organize, and scrub all on their own will. I don't know who the owners are personally, only by name and that I had dreams about them but this entire operation would not have happened if it wasn't for them and their willingness to see another's dream come true. They have gone beyond anything expected. I can only hope they will blessed for their entire life!
Officially Monday Zach will be open for business and his first car is a mission car from the Spanish missionaries. I will definitely put a picture of that one up. The first customers! He changed the name to Wilmington collision center and it is located off Lea Blvd in Wilmington. I am so excited to see what is in store for our family and future. I know with out a doubt he will be successful.
Here are some before pictures we took a couple of months ago.
This is the outside/front of the building
and this is the infamous office/waiting room. I have to speak my mind about this area because I have spent most of my time this week painting and decorating this space. The paint color doesn't look as bad as it really was from this picture. It was purple. No, it was blue. I think we decided it was plue or burple. It was awful color! The paint was a mess and I couldn't wait to get up in there. The desks were ugly. the chairs were ugly. There was a modge podge of furniture throughout and tables everywhere for no apparent reason. I don't have after pictures yet. But let me just say, "NO!! It's not yellow-its tan PEOPLE!!" (that is what I said to everyone all week!) No one quite grasped my vision.
I have to thank my friend, Christina and my sister, Chrissee for helping with Matthew this week as I painted. I could not have gotten it done without their help. I also have to apologize to my children for taking a nap everday after I picked them up from school. Painting makes one tired.
Well, thats it, that's the big news. Now wreck some cars so we can eat.
how exciting!!! good to know, we just had $900 worth of work done on my car, would have been nice to take it to someone we know! not that we're looking to do that anytime soon but now we know! congrats!!!!
ReplyDelete