Monday, September 17, 2012

another Sunday in the Dillard house

Matthew likes to hide out in laundry baskets. He also likes to throw everything out of laundry baskets...all over the floor.
 


I have to admit that life with a pre-teen or tween or what ever my 12 year old is referred to is NOT fun. I worry that it is only the beginning of many more years of his ridiculous behavior. On the way to church he was being obnoxious and mean to Cara. I am totally out of punishments because most of the time he doesn't care so the consequences mean nothing. Sometimes we let the defendant pick the consequence. Cara said no electronics for 3 days (t.v., games, computer, etc) and he needs to do her chores for 1 week. Obviously, this didn't hit him hard enough because he said "so what" or "whatever" or something along those lines so I gave Care another opportunity to punish him. She took away watching Netflix for 2 weeks.
Last night while we were all watching America's Funniest Home videos, Isaac wasn't allowed in the living room. I guess when all these time wasters are taken Isaac gets very creative and plays dress up.


You can't see everything from the pictures but he had on my boots, several belts, his pants pulled up, a fire mans hat, and the diaper bag. He makes me laugh. We were all laughing. Later, when the T.V. was on again I found him doing this...
Oh, there was a lot of complaining happening too. But maybe this punishment isn't such a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. That is one HANDsome baby boy. Must take after his father...

    ReplyDelete