Day 1:
I don’t know if I want to categorize these next few days as
a vacation. To me anywhere the kids are is not a vacation. It is only leaving
my home with all its amenities to stay at another “place” with less amenities.
So I actually don’t know WHY I do this.
We left in the morning with plans to arrive at the beach before check
in. We arrived at Cape Henlopen, changed into our swimsuits in the van (please
don’t picture me doing this..it WAS as bad as one can imagine) lathered
ourselves in sunscreen ONLY to find out the beach was closed due to lightning.
At this point I have given up and want to go home. We decided to wait the hour
until the beach opened again. When we returned into the park the station
attendant said they were closing the park due to hail. Hmm? The sun is shining.
We didn’t follow his directions out of the park and went to the beach to
investigate ourselves. AND just as we suspected..the beach WAS open. I questioned how Matthew was going to be in
the sand. I should of known. He gobbled a hand full of sand immediately. Then
he tried to eat sea shells, rocks, shovels. All the sand caused him to throw up
all over me. Did I mention I gave up? Again. Thank goodness it thundered and we
left. The camp ground seems nice. The cabins are clean. We are right smack next to the bathrooms. Good and bad, I suppose. The campground is away from the action. I was hoping to make a few trips into “town” for the outlets, Walmart, food stores. It will take 20 minutes to get there so I'm thinking I need to condense my trips. There is a petting zoo at the camp ground but you can't pet the animals. A few peacocks that are super loud and I can hear across the park. Fortunately, the rooster didn't wake us up. In the evening we swam at the pool which was nice.
Today was way better
than yesterday. The kids slept well last night. Matthew woke up at 5:30
am, his normal bottle feeding time, but decided not to go back to bed. Zach
took him to the grocery store so the other kids could sleep longer. Later that
morning Zach and the children went crabbing with some of the other families we
were cabining with. They didn’t catch crabs but the crabs caught Sam’s shoe
(only one) and his friends walky talky. Both items at the bottom of Love Creek. Poor Sam. I felt so sad for him. Thanks
goodness Cara packed many flip flops to share. She originally packed 7, one for
each meal. I allowed her 2. After crabbing and lunch we ventured back to the beach. It was much more
enjoyable than the day before. Matthew loves the beach! He is my child! The
other kids frolicked in the ocean for hours. This was Sam’s favorite time.
Hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner then we drove to Rehobeth
to ride the rides at FunLand and walk the boardwalk. It rained. It poured. It
was crowded. We left after only a couple of rides and long waiting under a
canopy to stay dry. Cara bought a hermit crab and named him Herbit. She waited
all Summer to get a hermit crab and even saved her money. BUT I was irritable. I was tired. I didn’t really
enjoy my evening. This is the best part though….
We were in the van driving home when I noticed my door was
not closed all the way. I quickly opened and shut the door. Zach asks “where is
your phone?” which I replied I did not know. It was true. I looked for it in
the stroller and when I didn’t find it I figured I would look harder at the
camp ground. Zach was convinced it was my phone that fell out. We turned around
to search for my phone. Of course, it was MY phone that fell out and Isaac saw
it on the side of the road. It got ran over. I am still confused HOW it got in
the front, how it fell, and seriously HOW it still rings when someone calls.
The touch screen is in a million pieces so I can’t answer it.
Home:
I was glad to be home. I love my house. My bed and my
shower. Oh and Caras hermit crab died.
No comments:
Post a Comment