Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Matthew!

Wow! It has been a year since this bundle of joy came into our home. And life began again with an infant, crawler, walker, toddler and now a ONE year old.

 Cara and Matthew
 Olivia and Matthew
 Michael holding Matthew
Us girls. OK so I never post a picture of me that I haven't retaken 5 times and edited to the extreme, however I did just birth a baby 9 hours before so I have my excuse.
I think every baby born looks like an alien and Matthew is no exception. He weighed 9 lbs 2 oz but looks like a 20 pounder. I was in labor all day though not really knowing it was true labor. I even sat at Talley Day park with contractions and mentioned to my friend "I think I'm in labor". Around 4:00 that afternoon I knew I was. After frantic attempts to find sitters and get Zach home as soon as possible we made it to the Birth Center around 6:00 to have this baby come into the world at 8:30pm. He cried. He cried so more. Actually he cried all night.

We arrived home 1:00 in the morning, 5 hours later. These pictures were all taken when the kids got to see and hold him for the first time. They haven't put him down since. He is loved and smothered and pulled and swung and kissed and hugged. He is a spoiled little brother.
This was a fun picture to take. I'm surprised they are all smiling because Zach and I had to hear the kids argue, fight, and push each other because they didn't want to lay next to another. Their heads were too close together. Someone else was touching their leg. I wanted to run away with the baby.

Matthew is such a wonderful boy. We all have enjoyed watching him learn to roll then crawl. We all cheered when he took his first steps and when he learned to drink out of a sippy cup. He has the best laugh and is always smiling. I finally got a child with curly hair like his father. It only took 6 kids we all think its gorgeous. It makes him even cuter!

I speak for the family when I say I couldn't imagine life without Matthew. He brings us joy and is loved so much.
Happy FIRST birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment