I now am the Mother of a 7th grader...a 5th grader...a 3rd grader...a 1st grader...and a Kindergartner. Yes sir-ree...ALL 5 kids will be in school ALL day.
Some memories of this school year:
Isaac had 17 girlfriends (or so I was told)
Michael learned to read
Sam got suspended 3 times
Olivia made 115 Art projects
Cara ran her first 5K
The 4 younger kids had the privilege to be the first students in their brand new school. The first GREEN school in Delaware. I was just excited to not have large sweat drops coating my face while in the copier room due to now having air conditioning. It's a lovely school.
For dinner on the last day of school we always have ice-cream sundaes. It has been our traditional since Isaac was in 1st grade.
So how did the first day of Summer Vacation go? Not TOO bad. I would hardly call this Summer though. The temperatures this month have been below 80 degrees. The kids wake up wondering if they should wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt or shorts. AND definitely too cold to put on bathing suits to swim at the pool. Why did we buy a pool membership? I should of bought ski passes instead.
I only had one request. ONE! I do NOT want ANYONE to wake me up before 8 am. Didn't happen. Matthew woke up at 6:15 and wouldn't stay content in his crib. By 6:45 ALL 6 kids were nagging me, bickering, complaining and at 7:30 they were out back playing baseball. (Sorry, neighbors).
No comments:
Post a Comment