Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

It is truly the Day Of Love around here. This year I was super excited for Valentines Day! I planned a lovely breakfast for the family complete with pink pancakes, strawberries, strawberry milk, donuts, and heart shaped bacon. I had it waiting for them when they got up in the morning. I purchased a small gift and left a valentine card for each of them.

Zach is so good at getting each of us a special lil' something on the holidays. He likes to give each of the kids something from him only. I think this is adorable. Here he is assembling his boxes of candy for everyone.


Cara wasn't having an official Valentines party at school but she wanted to make her class cupcakes. She baked red velvet with cream cheese icing, sprinkles, and chocolate hearts. They came out amazing. She is so talented.

I wanted to pack the kids a lunch that reminded them of Valentines today and how much I love them!I stuck with my pink/red theme. In their lunch box they will find: strawberries, pepperoni, Uncrustables (strawberry of course),  strawberry applesauce, pink wafer cookies and yogurt covered pretzels, Valentine fruit snacks and a love letter. I was so happy putting them together that I am sure I had a big silly smile on my face.

Since I have slaved over the stove already I decided to just order pizza for dinner. I have a few Valentine games planned but I didn't mention it to anyone in case I am too tired and forgo game night...maybe a corny (haven't used that word in 20 years) love movie...maybe just bed time...ANYWAY, I wanted to show my family how much I do LOVE them so I hope I accomplished that.

I also need to say (because obviously showing would be inappropriate) how much of an AMAZING husband I have. He is really the best! He is so supportive and encouraging and thoughtful. I am grateful for him!
 My Kitchen Helpers
 
This is what we had for dinner. Costco sells their pizzas for 6$ which is basically the best deal in the store. The pepperonis are huge so I took them all off and used my heart cookie cutter to cut the shapes.
 
Happy Valentines Day.
 

1 comment:

  1. so impressive. I'm going to delete my very pathetic Valentines's day post now....

    ReplyDelete