Monday, July 8, 2013

July 4th camping

I got this brilliant idea to take the family camping! A few years ago (4 actually) I swore, literally used foul language, that I would never camp in a tent again. I've held to that. Why would I leave my air conditioned, comfortable, bug free home to pretend I'm homeless? Lums pond has these things called yurts. (This is now Zach's favorite word and he randomly replaces it for other words. He has even made a jingle with it) Basically, a yurt is like a cabin with canvas walls. It had bunk beds and another full size bed....with NO air conditioning. It even got better when we went on the hottest, sunniest, day all week. The 4th of July. We were booked to be there the night before also but couldn't go because of a baseball game. I wouldn't of survived 2 nights so it worked out great. At the end of the trip I swore, without the obscene language this time, I will never camp EVER again unless I'm in a camper. Guess what I have been researching and pricing? A camping trailer. Not a pop up. That is like a tent. I have convinced Zach enough that I feel totally confident he will be buying one before we ever discuss camping again. Its exciting to think of all the adventures we can take the kids on now.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment